Who is 5?
5 is a unique energy advisory and brokerage firm created by senior executives from the deregulated energy sector. We help organizations manage energy costs and reduce their carbon footprint through strategic procurement, on-going risk management and demand-side services. With deep insider knowledge spanning every aspect of the industry and a passion for helping people, 5 is challenging conventional norms and redefining what’s possible. Our proprietary approach to purchasing energy and managing energy risk sets us apart. Our people are reshaping an industry and changing the way businesses think about energy costs.
Position – Energy Analyst/Advisor
The Energy Analyst/Advisor position is a hybrid role developed for a dynamic individual based in Mexico. This person will play two roles:
Energy Analyst - Support our Energy Advisors (aka business development/sales team) with analytical and client services issues while enhancing our knowledge and capability in the newly formed Mexican deregulated market. This is a full-time position that will assist our team in delivering real value to businesses throughout Mexico and the U.S.
Energy Advisor - Support and, in some instances, initiate business development in Mexico. Energy Advisors utilize their assertiveness, interpersonal skills, intensity and independent nature to acquire new commercial and industrial clients.
What Are We Looking For?
It starts with culture. Culture is our foundation and it is the most important criteria we use in evaluating potential employees. Our team members come from diverse disciplines and backgrounds and share a common belief that clients deserve the best energy advice possible. Our industry is ever changing and our people need to be equally dynamic.
Some of the traits we find vital to succeed at 5:
- Proactive, confident, self-starters who thrive in competitive situations
- Tenacious in pursuing goals and objectives; intense with a high sense of urgency
- An outgoing, optimistic and energetic personality
- Articulate and approachable with a strong ability to relate to others and build new personal relationships
- Analytical and operational experience in energy (electricity and natural gas) markets in Mexico or internationally preferred
- Experience in roles that require multitasking
- Attention to detail to ensure timely and accurate communication
- Absolute ownership of the quality and timeliness of the work product produced
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve the systems/processes used by the business
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office. Specific emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Access experience is a plus
- Personable, comfortable with both giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Impeccable ethics
- REQUIRED – Fully fluent in Spanish and English. College degree. Mexican citizen or permanent resident of Mexico. Valid passport and no restrictions on ability to travel to the U.S.
Where in Mexico?
Mexico City or Monterrey
We are very selective when inviting new members to join the team. Once you are on-board, you will receive extensive training (both in U.S. and Mexico) and support from the entire team at 5 and will be part of our company bi-annual meetings. This is a ground floor opportunity to truly help clients, be part of an incredible team, and be at the forefront of deregulation in Mexico.